Preventing slip and fall accidents on all kinds of flooring types is the responsibility of Utah business owners everywhere. Along with proper training for employees on how to take care of sudden spills to working with the maintenance crew on how to best keep up on care and frequency of cleaning, Utah business owners should also consider incorporating a Utah flooring inspector as part of a comprehensive slip and fall safety strategy.
A Utah flooring inspector will be able to add valuable documentation to a business owner’s file that houses the clear record of the maintenance and upkeep of all types of flooring in the office, storefront or factory.
Along with the Utah flooring inspector’s regular reports, business owners should definitely include the following documents in their overall slip and fall safety strategy:
- Cleaning procedures including products being used
- Frequency of cleaning and signed off by the crew
- Schedule for employee training sessions on floor safety and maintenance
- Accident reports for at least the past several years
- Copies of local, state and federal regulations on slip and fall accidents
- Building codes regarding flooring and floor safety
If there is a slip and fall accident, and the Utah business owner is required to provide documentation to the insurance company or to the court about floor safety strategies, the Utah flooring inspector’s report will be a critical part of proving regular maintenance, adequate floor conditions and more.
Utah business owners who are interested in keeping the best records possible on flooring conditions and floor safety should contact a Utah flooring inspector for more details on a complete slip and fall safety strategy.