Slip and fall accidents are incredibly common at workplaces in Sacramento and around the country, and if the accident was caused by damaged, worn, cluttered or otherwise problematic flooring, the business owner could be found liable. A liability lawsuit is when the victim of the fall, generally an employee or customer, wants to prove that the Sacramento business owner was somehow negligent in maintaining safe walkways and low risk conditions for foot traffic.
When a slip and fall accident ends up in a California court, the victim must present some information or evidence to show that the business owner was negligent in keeping the walkways and flooring in good condition. If negligence is shown, the Sacramento business owner is often found responsible for legal costs, medical bills, lost wages, and financial cost for pain and suffering.
One of the most important people in a slip and fall accident liability case is the expert witness. A Sacramento slip and fall expert witness is the person who has extensive flooring experience and will testify as to the facts of the case based on their knowledge and professional opinion. The testimony of an experienced and reliable Sacramento slip and fall expert witness is an important part of the litigation process.
Here are 5 facts about Sacramento slip and fall expert witnesses:
- The court determines whether or not a person is qualified to be an expert witness. They must demonstrate so many years in their business and have an outstanding reputation as honest and trustworthy.
- The expert witness must be knowledgeable on all areas of walkway safety, flooring inspections, installation practices and different flooring materials like tile, stone, carpet, resilient, laminate, hardwood and more.
- Sacramento slip and fall expert witnesses are not on anyone’s “side.” Instead, they testify as to the facts of the case as they know it, such as the type of flooring, the flooring condition, possible manufacturing or installation defects, and more.
- The expert witness testimony carries great weight in the minds of the decision makers—the judge and/or the jury—and plays a key part in presenting the facts to the court.
- It’s not up to the Sacramento slip and fall expert witness to prove anything, such as negligence. The witness merely presents the facts to the court, and others make that determination.
Rob McNealy of Flooristics is an experienced Sacramento slip and fall expert witness who has appeared in courtrooms across the country. He can consult on a wide range of flooring situations and can testify on all kinds of flooring, walkway, floor defects and slip and fall conditions. For those who are seeking a qualified Sacramento slip and fall expert witness, consider Rob McNealy of Flooristics.