Business owners shouldn’t just settle for a flooring inspector when they need a Detroit slip and fall expert witness. In fact, the expert testimony in a slip and fall liability lawsuit is so vital to the outcome, that finding the right Detroit slip and fall expert witness should be one of the top priorities of legal teams. Whether for the business owners or the victims, the experience and professionalism of the expert witness is a key part of revealing the facts in the case.
The Detroit slip and fall expert witness will bring several important aspects into the case, and help decision makers, like a judge and a jury, come to the right conclusion. Here is how a good Detroit slip and fall expert witness can impact a court case:
- They cannot have any bias toward one side or another, but must instead present the facts as they are to the court.
- They must have an extensive flooring background so they can expertly evaluate the site of the accident.
- They use specialized testing equipment to gather evidence, such as to measure the friction of the flooring surface.
- They must be able to share the evidence they find with the court and help them to understand the complexities of the conditions surrounding the accident.
- They must be able to show whether flooring hazards existed and whether neglect played a part in creating the problem.
- They should possess a trustworthy and professional demeanor as they convey complex information to the court.
A Detroit slip and fall expert witness is a person with valuable information that can really help court proceedings get to the true facts. If the business owner was at fault, they should help the victim with lost wages, medical bills and so forth. If the business owner was not at fault, then there should be no financial compensation given.
Rob McNealy of Flooristics is a Detroit slip and fall expert witness with a varied background in several areas of the flooring industry. Working as a flooring contractor, walkway auditor and flooring inspector has given him the knowledge and investigative skills to gather evidence and present it in a clear way. Rob McNealy is the person to contact if legal teams need a Detroit slip and fall expert witness.