Commercial hardwood flooring is one of the more popular options in offices and other business venues around the country. Favored for its classic look, warmth, elegance and durability, commercial hardwood flooring is a viable alternative to laminate, tile and more. Flooring inspectors who are certified to analyze a company’s flooring surfaces for wear, tear, damages and safety issues find that hardwood flooring, when properly cared for, can last for decades and enhance the look of any commercial space.
Besides using the services of a licensed and certified Utah flooring inspector, there are several things you can do to ensure that your commercial hardwood flooring stays beautiful and safe for many years.
Your commercial hardwood flooring requires daily care and maintenance to ensure that it is a safe walking surface for employees and customers alike, no matter what time of day and what kind of weather. Here are some key things to do on a daily basis:
- Soak up any spills immediately, then use
- Use a dust mop or broom to eliminate dust and grit build-up
- Wipe the floor clean with a dampened dust mop. Remember not to get the cloth too wet and change it often as the dirt builds up.
- Use a floor cleaner specifically designed for commercial wood flooring remove and residual stains from a spill.
- Soak up any spilled water on the floor immediately as water can ruin hardwood flooring.
This level of care should be done every few days to every week, and can be part of a comprehensive building maintenance plan or worked out with a contracted office cleaning crew. Here are a few things that must be done regularly for commercial hardwood floor care:
- Put felt pads under the legs of chairs and heavy furniture to eliminate dents and scratches.
- Never move heavy appliances or furniture without a dolly and avoid sliding large pieces across the hardwood flooring.
- Sweep and vacuum frequently to eliminate grit that can damage the hardwood floor’s finish
- Avoid use cleaning products that are not designed for hardwood flooring.
- Never allow hardwood flooring to be steam cleaned.
As durable as commercial hardwood flooring is, there will be wear over time. Here are a few things that business owners must look for s the years go by with commercial hardwood flooring:
- Repair large scratches and dents to eliminate the risk of slips, trips and falls.
- Warping hardwood planks should be replaced by a professional immediately.
- When appropriate, hardwood floors can be sanded down and refinished for a good-as-new appearance.
Of course, a licensed and certified flooring inspector can check your business for at-risk areas and recommend even more ways for you to maintain the beauty and strength of your commercial hardwood flooring. Contact a Utah flooring inspector today.