Tile flooring is a highly desirable flooring material at places of business for several reasons. It is water resistant and spills are very easy to clean up. Tile is not only used for flooring, but for walls, counters, and surrounds. As long as the tile flooring is maintained properly, business owners can look forward to years and years of beautiful tile. A Las Vegas tile flooring inspector can advise business owners on the best way to care for tile flooring, and ensure that there are no hidden hazards for foot traffic.
Las Vegas Tile Flooring Inspector Cleaning Tips
Las Vegas tile flooring inspectors are the experts when it comes to caring for tile flooring. Here are some of the basic maintenance steps that flooring inspectors want business owners to implement. Using the wrong products or processes can lead to buildup on the tile, making them too slippery or too sticky, for example.
Here are 5 things to do to keep commercial tile clean and problem-free:
- Sweep tile floors every day to get dust, debris and grit off.
- Use a damp mop on the tile floor once per week, or more frequently for areas with high traffic, to reduce abrasions from grit.
- Apply a cleaning solution specifically formulated for tile to get oil, spills and grease up from surface. These cleaners have a neutral pH to minimize any damage to the tile.
- Clean grout with a regular non-oil based cleaner several times per year to keep it looking fresh and clean.
- After cleaning, rinse or mop the entire floor with clear water get rid of any lingering residue.
Here is a list of things that Las Vegas flooring inspectors say should never be done to tile flooring:
- Never use wax-based or oil-based cleaners on tile flooring.
- Avoid cleaners containing acid or bleach.
- Don’t use scouring pads or harsh cleaning equipment like steel wool pads or other scouring equipment as it could scratch the tile.
Avoid Slip and Fall Accidents on Tile
Slip and fall accidents at work are extremely common, on all types of surfaces including tile. A Las Vegas tile flooring inspector can help business owners review their care and maintenance procedures when it comes to slip and fall accidents at work. These well-trained and certified flooring experts can help business owners in assessing the tile floor’s condition and making suggestions on care and repair as needed. Anything that business owners can do to minimize the risk of slip and fall accidents is a good thing.
A Las Vegas tile flooring inspector can be a business owner’s best bet in keeping foot traffic safe at work, especially on tile flooring. Not only will the tile look great for years to come, but employees and customers will be able to avoid injuries from a slip and fall accident. Please contact a Las Vegas tile flooring inspector today.