When a New Mexico employee or customer receives an injury from an accident at work, it can bring about difficult for the business owner. Slip and fall accidents are some of the most common causes of workplace injuries and the aftermath can be devastating for both victims and business owners. Sometimes the parties can end up in a liability lawsuit, so a New Mexico slip and fall expert witness can be hired to discover the facts.
Workplace Slip and Fall Accidents
Every New Mexico business owner should take every opportunity to reduce the risk of slip and fall accidents. Unfortunately, far too many simply allow hazards to exist and don’t take care of the issues, either on purpose or out of ignorance.
To ensure that employees and customers are safe from slip and falls at work, New Mexico business owners should do these 10 things:
- Keep walkways clear of obstacles.
- Hold employee training sessions about floor safety.
- Don’t allow dust or debris to accumulate on walking surfaces.
- Ensure the cleaning crew is using the correct products for the flooring type.
- Set up a liquid spill team at work to handle any incidents right away.
- Implement a floor safety program that should cover regular floor and walkway inspections.
- Keep copies of employee training sessions on floor safety.
- Keep any slip and fall accident reports.
- Hire a New Mexico flooring inspector or walkway auditor to regularly inspect the workplace.
- Don’t put off any flooring repairs or replacements.
It’s up to New Mexico business owners to do everything they can to reduce the risk of slip and fall accidents. However, when it does happen and the injuries are extensive, the victim may file a liability lawsuit. That’s when a New Mexico slip and fall expert witness can help sort out the evidence and the facts.
Hire a New Mexico Slip and Fall Expert Witness
It’s very common for slip and fall accidents at work to be the result of negligence in the workplace, so it makes sense for the legal teams for both the victim and the business owner to hire a New Mexico slip and fall expert witness to check out the flooring, perform tests and testify in court.
Rob McNealy of Flooristics is a fine New Mexico slip and fall expert witness with more than a decade of experience in flooring, walkways and acting as an expert witness in court. Legal teams across the state would benefit from hiring Rob McNealy when they encounter a liability lawsuit for slip and falls.